- An infographic on schizophrenia (0) In continuation of the theme of May as Mental Health month, passing along an infographic received in email. Hope it helps in raising […] 2 days ago
- Book review: A Lethal Inheritance (1) Today, i.e. 15th may 2013 is being celebrated as a mental health blog day by APA and in the spirit of the day I am posting a […] 3 days ago
- Business Sutra: the marriage of management and mythology! (0) Regular readers of The Mouse Trap will know that I have an abiding interest in all things mythological; also by profession I am a […] 2 weeks ago
- Epic Love Stories: a book review (0) Although this blog is mainly about psychology, I have interests in mythology and have earlier reviewed Devdutt Pattanaik's '7 secrets […] 2 months ago
- Labels, Mental Health and my Split Blog Disorder (0) I have a post over at Psychology Today about Labeling and its deleterious effects. That did lead to some heated discussions on […] 6 months ago
- Mental Health Month Blog Day – Links Round Up 2013 | Your Mind Your Body [...] The Mouse Trap - Book review: A Lethal Inheritance [...] 2 days ago
- Profiling Your Characters, part 2 | Writing & Random Thoughts [...] Structure of childhood temperaments (the-mouse-trap.com) [...] 9 months ago
- Profiling Your Characters, part 1 | Writing & Random Thoughts [...] Structure of childhood temperaments (the-mouse-trap.com) [...] 9 months ago
- Autism and ADHD: the intelligent and the creative child! | Genius | Scoop.it [...] the-mouse-trap.com - Today, 1:56 PM Rescoop [...] 9 months ago
- Structure of childhood temperaments | Personality | Scoop.it [...] the-mouse-trap.com - Today, 1:55 PM Rescoop [...] 9 months ago
Average blog rating:
64 votes cast for 49 posts
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
psychology and neuroscience enthusiast
Passionate about psychology and neuroscience
Programmer, Poet, Philosopher! Knee deep in +ve psych
Love to share and connect. sandygautam on most networks
TagsAffect Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity default network depression Disorders Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Evolutionary Psychology Free will Functional magnetic resonance imaging genetics happiness Major depressive disorder mania memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation Neurodevelopmental personal personality Philosophy psychology psychosis schizophrenia Social Sciences stages Trait theory
- MOOC’s and the future of continuous educationMOOC’s or Massive Open Online Courses have been heralded as the death knell for higher education. For those who are late to the party, about 2 years ago, Stanford made available, 3 of its courses, centred on computers and AI, to the open online community free of charge. These courses saw a massive interest and participation from learners across the globe, […]
- Aveda Creativa - the spell that makes you creativeHarry Potter fans, rejoice! As if you already did not have enough excuses to see the Harry Potter movies - here is another one that will make you feel good while obliterating any pangs of guilt on spending those three hours immersed in a fantasy world- the process of watching fantasy and magical movies is making you more creative! If seeing is believing- go […]
- Why IQ is a mythMy last post seemed to have ruffled some feathers and this post is bound to upset some folks more, but I believe it’s important to clarify a few things I touched upon in my last post and to also explain my position on some aspects. The major criticism directed towards the last post is that it doesn’t represent what IQ scores mean. To me, to be frank a score […]
- The myth of IQ never dies!News about Neha Ramu’s IQ is doing the rounds and it has been claimed that the MENSA certified IQ of 162 makes her smarter than say Einstein, Hawking or Bill Gates. This comparison has appeared in Huffington Post and other media and has made its way all the way up to the front page of TOI . I believe a lot of damage is done when one makes such comparisons- f […]
- MOOC’s and the future of continuous education
- Your Unconscious Calls The ShotsA review of Leonard Mlodinow's 'subliminal' focusing on how our unconscious mind rules our behaviors.read more […]
- The 4 Fundamental ICN’s/StancesThere are four stances you can take towards the animate as well as the inanimate world and surprisingly there are four major brain networks that underlay and correlate with each of them. read more […]
- Choice and Well-beingWhy we choose to do something goes beyond maximizing our hedonistic happiness and well-being. Factors like purpose in life or relationship happiness also play a major role. read more […]
- To Label or Not To LabelTo Label or Not to Label, that is the question: Whether it’s nobler in the mind to suffer the taunts and stigma of same-age bullies, or by defying the label given by the insensitive society, and not taking a pill, end it!read more […]
- Your Unconscious Calls The Shots
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward. […]
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility. […]
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
Top Posts on The Mouse Trap
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.