- Research Summaries: Personality Measurement and Assessment in Large Panel Surveys (0) Today's research summary looks at another paper [pdf] by Angela Duckworth et al this time focusing on whether it makes sense to include […] 4 days ago
- Research Summaries: Establishing Causality Using Longitudinal Hierarchical Linear Modeling: An Illustration Predicting Achievement From Self- Control (0) Today's research summary is slightly technical. It is based on this paper [pdf] by Angela Duckworth et al that shows a causal relation […] 5 days ago
- Anxiety, Depression and the Internalizing Spectrum (0) Pathological mental health problems in children and young adults have been classified into externalizing (substance abuse, conduct disorder […] 1 week ago
- What type of Self-control/Grit is More Useful? (0) I recently came across an article titled "More than Resisting Temptation: Beneficial Habits Mediate the Relationship between Self-Control […] 3 weeks ago
- The Making of a Genius: Required Ingredients (0) What goes into the making of a genius? More mundanely, what factors are required for success in any field? Your answer will differ based on […] 1 month ago
- Psychotherapy, East and West | Psychology | Sc... […] Reading philosophical texts can be daunting- sometimes the terminology and words are dense and sometimes you have to re-read multiple […] 11 months ago
- The ABCD of Personality Structure | Personality... […] Regular readers of The Mouse Trap would be aware of my ABCD model of psychology whereby all psychological phenomena are explained in […] 11 months ago
- The Evolution of Altruism And Its Relationship ... […] Altruism, put simply, is helping others or cooperating with others, even if it is costly to self. Of course, something like that cannot […] 11 months ago
- The Four Sub-Types of ADHD | Child Psychology |... […] Recently, I wrote a post about the four neural sub-types of depression. That classification was based on resting stage fMRI comparing […] 12 months ago
- The Four Neural Sub-Types of Depression | Abnor... […] Regular readers of The Mouse Trap will be familiar with my obsession with knowing how nature is carved at its joints or in other words […] 12 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
181 votes cast for 79 posts
TagsABCD Affect Angela Duckworth Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Big Five personality traits Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution grit happiness Major depressive disorder mania Martin Seligman memory Mental disorder Mental health Morality Motivation personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis research summaries schizophrenia self-control stages Trait theory
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs MatterBelieving in false things sometimes makes sense. Free will appears to be such a construct.
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs Matter
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter