- The Four Kinds of Happiness (0) I have written previously about four major goals that one pursues in life: to recap they are Happiness, Success, Meaning and Morality. I […] 1 month ago
- The ABCD of Human Conundrum (0) The Human existence is fraught with many conundrums and dilemmas, the chief among them being how to live a good life and how to resolve the […] 2 months ago
- The Four Needs for Meaning (0) Roy Baumiester, has written about the four needs for meaning that all humans have and I find that a useful framework. He believes, and I […] 2 months ago
- Infants Reasoning About the World (0) The world may appear to be a 'blooming, buzzing, confusion' to infants, but within a few months infants are able to indulge in […] 2 months ago
- Research Summaries: Can Adolescents Learn Self-control? Delay of Gratification in the Development of Control over Risk Taking (0) Today's research summary is based on a paper by Angela Duckworth and colleagues, and examines the nature of self-control as assessed by […] 3 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
170 votes cast for 78 posts
TagsABCD Affect Angela Duckworth Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Big Five personality traits Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Functional magnetic resonance imaging grit happiness Major depressive disorder mania Martin Seligman memory Mental disorder Mental health Morality Motivation personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis research summaries schizophrenia stages Trait theory
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs MatterBelieving in false things sometimes makes sense. Free will appears to be such a construct.
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs Matter
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter