- Memory and Reasoning: Insight from Apes (0) I have been reading the excellent book 'The mind of an ape' by David and Ann Premack and also enrolled in a MOOC tiled 'Origins of the […] 5 days ago
- The Four Major Goals of Life revisited (1) I wrote about the four major goals in life on my psychology today blog quite some time back and want to revisit it today in the light of […] 1 week ago
- Manic Depressive Leaders in a Time of Crisis (1) S. Nassir Ghaemi, in his book, A First Rate Madness: Uncovering the links between Leadership and Mental Illness, makes a case for the fact […] 2 weeks ago
- Finite nature of human control and the Existential Givens (1) In one of the earlier posts we looked at the four existential givens and linked them to the ABCD model. I also related them to personality […] 1 month ago
- Between the Stimulus and the Response: the four functions of the Mind (1) "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our […] 1 month ago
- The Four Major Goals of Life revisited | Psycho... […] I wrote about the four major goals in life on my psychology today blog quite some time back and want to revisit it today in the light […] 5 days ago
- Manic Depressive Leaders in a Time of Crisis | ... […] S. Nassir Ghaemi, in his book, A First Rate Madness: Uncovering the links between Leadership and Mental Illness, makes a case for the […] 2 weeks ago
- Finite nature of human control and the Existent... […] In one of the earlier posts we looked at the four existential givens and linked them to the ABCD model. I also related them to […] 1 month ago
- Between the Stimulus and the Response: the four... […] "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and […] 1 month ago
- Happier @ Work | positive psychology | Scoop.it […] I maintain a separate blog at Flourish Mentoring, which is dedicated to positive psychology based leadership and educational engagement […] 1 month ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
146 votes cast for 70 posts
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
TagsABCD Affect Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Evolutionary Psychology Functional magnetic resonance imaging genetics happiness Major depressive disorder mania memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation Neurodevelopmental personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis schizophrenia Social Sciences stages Theodore Millon Trait theory
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Expecting to Be Wealthy, Famous and Happy Too? Think Again!Research shows that striving for extrinsic goals, like wealth and fame, comes with a big downside in terms of diminished positive mental health and curtailed happiness.
- Negative Emotions, Anyone?In a recent post Todd claimed that intentionally creating or prolonging negative emotions/states may be healthy; I present a counterpoint.
- Promoting Flow
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
Sign up for Positive Psychology Scoop.it newsletter