- Research Summaries: Development and Validation of the Short Grit Scale (Grit–S) (0) This research summary will be especially attractive to those who have interest in psychometric and would like to see how the concept and […] 1 day ago
- Research Summaries: Positive predictors of teacher effectiveness (0) If you have ever wondered what goes on to make an effective teacher, this research paper by Angela Duckworth and colleagues, throws some […] 1 day ago
- Research Summaries: Empirical identification of the major facets of Conscientiousness (0) This research summary looks at a paper co-authored by Angela Duckworth, that tries to carve conscientiousness at it joints. […] 4 days ago
- Research Summaries: The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits (0) Today's research summary is about a paper co-authored by Angela Duckworth, that is at the intersection of psychology and economics. Though […] 5 days ago
- Research Summaries: Grit: Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals (0) Today's research summary is based on this paper which Angela Duckworth co-authored with Chris Peterson and colleagues, and where she first […] 6 days ago
- Psychotherapy, East and West | Psychology | Sc... […] Reading philosophical texts can be daunting- sometimes the terminology and words are dense and sometimes you have to re-read multiple […] 4 months ago
- The ABCD of Personality Structure | Personality... […] Regular readers of The Mouse Trap would be aware of my ABCD model of psychology whereby all psychological phenomena are explained in […] 4 months ago
- The Evolution of Altruism And Its Relationship ... […] Altruism, put simply, is helping others or cooperating with others, even if it is costly to self. Of course, something like that cannot […] 4 months ago
- The Four Sub-Types of ADHD | Child Psychology |... […] Recently, I wrote a post about the four neural sub-types of depression. That classification was based on resting stage fMRI comparing […] 4 months ago
- The Four Neural Sub-Types of Depression | Abnor... […] Regular readers of The Mouse Trap will be familiar with my obsession with knowing how nature is carved at its joints or in other words […] 4 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
165 votes cast for 76 posts
TagsABCD Affect Angela Duckworth Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Big Five personality traits Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Functional magnetic resonance imaging happiness Major depressive disorder mania Martin Seligman memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis research summaries schizophrenia stages Trait theory
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs MatterBelieving in false things sometimes makes sense. Free will appears to be such a construct.
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs Matter
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter