- Measuring different types of Well-being (2) Well-being is a very broad construct. Any good measure of well-being is likely to be multi-dimensional and consist of many factors or […] 1 month ago
- The BioPsychoSocioEnvironmental model (1) Most of us have heard about the BioPsychoSocial model of mental illnesses and have also heard about the stress-diathesis model. Today as I […] 1 month ago
- A Decade of Blogging: the Top 10 posts on The Mouse Trap (0) 19 may 2006 was the day I blogged for the first time; the platform was blogspot and I was unsure of what direction my blog will take and […] 4 months ago
- To Have or to Do? To Be or to Become? (2) A new study has recently caught the fancy of psychology journalists and is being touted as a support for renewed materialistic […] 4 months ago
- To thrive in life invest in these 8 psychological constructs (1) We all want to excel in life and various psychological constructs have been proposed that can help us in this mission. These range from […] 4 months ago
- Measuring different types of Well-being | D&eac... […] Well-being is a very broad construct. Any good measure of well-being is likely to be multi-dimensional and consist of many factors or […] 3 weeks ago
- The BioPsychoSocioEnvironmental model | Abnorma... […] Most of us have heard about the BioPsychoSocial model of mental illnesses and have also heard about the stress-diathesis model. Today […] 3 weeks ago
- Measuring different types of Well-being | posit... […] Well-being is a very broad construct. Any good measure of well-being is likely to be multi-dimensional and consist of many factors or […] 3 weeks ago
- To Have or to Do? To Be or to Become? | Psychol... […] A new study has recently caught the fancy of psychology journalists and is being touted as a support for renewed materialistic […] 4 months ago
- Maximizing Happiness: to each his own! | Flourish Mentoring […] I recently extended this framework to include life outlook as an integral component of happiness and you can read more about the same […] 4 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
142 votes cast for 68 posts
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
TagsABCD Affect Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Evolutionary Psychology Functional magnetic resonance imaging genetics happiness Major depressive disorder mania memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation Neurodevelopmental personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis schizophrenia Social Sciences stages Theodore Millon Trait theory
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Expecting to Be Wealthy, Famous and Happy Too? Think Again!Research shows that striving for extrinsic goals, like wealth and fame, comes with a big downside in terms of diminished positive mental health and curtailed happiness.
- Negative Emotions, Anyone?In a recent post Todd claimed that intentionally creating or prolonging negative emotions/states may be healthy; I present a counterpoint.
- Promoting Flow
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
Sign up for Positive Psychology Scoop.it newsletter