- The ABCD of Personality Structure (0) Regular readers of The Mouse Trap would be aware of my ABCD model of psychology whereby all psychological phenomena are explained in terms […] 11 hours ago
- The Evolution of Altruism And Its Relationship to Personality (0) Altruism, put simply, is helping others or cooperating with others, even if it is costly to self. Of course, something like that cannot […] 17 hours ago
- The Four Sub-Types of ADHD (1) Recently, I wrote a post about the four neural sub-types of depression. That classification was based on resting stage fMRI comparing […] 1 day ago
- Do Cultures Have Personality? (0) When people talk about culture and personality, the normal top-of-the-mind concern is whether cultures affect personality and if so to what […] 3 days ago
- The Four Neural Sub-Types of Depression (1) Regular readers of The Mouse Trap will be familiar with my obsession with knowing how nature is carved at its joints or in other words what […] 4 days ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
155 votes cast for 75 posts
TagsABCD Affect Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Evolutionary Psychology Functional magnetic resonance imaging genetics happiness Major depressive disorder mania memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation Neurodevelopmental personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis schizophrenia Social Sciences stages Trait theory
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Expecting to Be Wealthy, Famous and Happy Too? Think Again!Research shows that striving for extrinsic goals, like wealth and fame, comes with a big downside in terms of diminished positive mental health and curtailed happiness.
- The Link Between Gratitude and Trust
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter