- The Making of a Genius: Required Ingredients (0) What goes into the making of a genius? More mundanely, what factors are required for success in any field? Your answer will differ based on […] 2 weeks ago
- Openness/ Intellect and the MBTI (0) As per the Big Five/FFM or the HEXACO model, Openness/Intellect appears to be an important personality dimension on which humans differ […] 1 month ago
- Welcoming the One Millionth Reader (0) I know its a bit premature (the blog visit count on my blog is only about 99,8000 yet and it will take another 2-3 days to hit that […] 1 month ago
- Big Love: Loving from a Place of Authenticity and Courage (0) When I was offered a chance to review 'Big Love' I was skeptical- The title seemed too touchy feely. My specialty is reading, and […] 2 months ago
- The Four Kinds of Happiness (0) I have written previously about four major goals that one pursues in life: to recap they are Happiness, Success, Meaning and Morality. I […] 4 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
177 votes cast for 79 posts
TagsABCD Affect Angela Duckworth Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Big Five personality traits Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution grit happiness Major depressive disorder mania Martin Seligman memory Mental disorder Mental health Morality Motivation personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis research summaries schizophrenia self-control stages Trait theory
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs MatterBelieving in false things sometimes makes sense. Free will appears to be such a construct.
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs Matter
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter