- Stress causes negative emotions – are you NUTS? (0) Stress has been defined in many ways - one conceptualization that I find powerful and useful is the NUTS framework developed by Dr. Sonia […] 1 week ago
- The different shades of Hope (0) Hope is one of the 24 character strengths as identified by VIA. Its also known as optimism, future-mindedness and future orientation. It […] 1 week ago
- The Strengths Workout: Hope for the new year (0) I have always wanted to write a book; however I am very irregular with even my blog posts and think that I lack the self-discipline to […] 2 weeks ago
- A tale of two diseases (1) I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). I am also bipolar. Now which of the above statements shocked/ surprised you more? If I am guessing […] 3 weeks ago
- The books that shaped my 2016 (0) 'Love of learning' in VIA and 'Learner' in Gallup, is one of my top strengths, and it typically manifests as either participating in a lot […] 4 weeks ago
- A tale of two diseases | Abnormal Psychology | ... […] I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). I am also bipolar. Now which of the above statements shocked/ surprised you more? If I am […] 2 weeks ago
- Memory and Reasoning: Insight from Apes | Psych... […] I have been reading the excellent book 'The mind of an ape' by David and Ann Premack and also enrolled in a MOOC tiled 'Origins of the […] 1 month ago
- The Four Major Goals of Life revisited | Psycho... […] I wrote about the four major goals in life on my psychology today blog quite some time back and want to revisit it today in the light […] 1 month ago
- Manic Depressive Leaders in a Time of Crisis | ... […] S. Nassir Ghaemi, in his book, A First Rate Madness: Uncovering the links between Leadership and Mental Illness, makes a case for the […] 1 month ago
- Finite nature of human control and the Existent... […] In one of the earlier posts we looked at the four existential givens and linked them to the ABCD model. I also related them to […] 2 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
153 votes cast for 75 posts
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
TagsABCD Affect Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Evolutionary Psychology Functional magnetic resonance imaging genetics happiness Major depressive disorder mania memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation Neurodevelopmental personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis schizophrenia Social Sciences stages Trait theory
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Expecting to Be Wealthy, Famous and Happy Too? Think Again!Research shows that striving for extrinsic goals, like wealth and fame, comes with a big downside in terms of diminished positive mental health and curtailed happiness.
- Negative Emotions, Anyone?In a recent post Todd claimed that intentionally creating or prolonging negative emotions/states may be healthy; I present a counterpoint.
- Promoting Flow
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
Sign up for Positive Psychology Scoop.it newsletter