- Research Summaries: Costs and Benefits of Consuming (0) I am toying around with a new idea of providing research summaries for a few select articles that I read and find interesting. Do let me […] 5 hours ago
- Goals and Depression (0) Striving towards meaningful goals is good for your well-being; even just having goals by themselves are indicative of well-being. This is […] 1 month ago
- Emotions and Personality: Take 8 (0) I am currently reading 'Emotions in the practice of psychotherapy' by Robert Plutchik and have been finding it a good read. In it Plutchik […] 1 month ago
- The Stages of Moral Development (0) I have alluded to Kohlberg's stage theory of Moral Development a few times in this blog, but never devoted an entire post exclusively to […] 1 month ago
- Growing From Depression (0) "Growing from depression" is a short, easy read on the subject of the depressive experience and how to make best use of and grow from that […] 3 months ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
163 votes cast for 76 posts
TagsABCD Affect Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Functional magnetic resonance imaging genetics happiness Major depressive disorder mania memory Mental disorder Mental health Morality Motivation Neurodevelopmental personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis schizophrenia Social Sciences stages Trait theory
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs MatterBelieving in false things sometimes makes sense. Free will appears to be such a construct.
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs Matter
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter