- Research Summaries: Empirical identification of the major facets of Conscientiousness (0) This research summary looks at a paper co-authored by Angela Duckworth, that tries to carve conscientiousness at it joints. […] 17 hours ago
- Research Summaries: The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits (0) Today's research summary is about a paper co-authored by Angela Duckworth, that is at the intersection of psychology and economics. Though […] 1 day ago
- Research Summaries: Grit: Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals (0) Today's research summary is based on this paper which Angela Duckworth co-authored with Chris Peterson and colleagues, and where she first […] 2 days ago
- Research Summaries: Self-Discipline Gives Girls the Edge: Gender in Self-Discipline, Grades, and Achievement Test Scores (0) Today's post summarizes a paper by Angela Duckworth and Martin Seligman, that parses the same set of data, as obtained in their earlier […] 3 days ago
- Research Summaries: Childhood IQ and risk of bipolar disorder in adulthood: prospective birth cohort study (0) Today's research summary focuses on an article [pdf] that throws some light on the oft debated question of the association between […] 6 days ago
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Average blog rating:
163 votes cast for 76 posts
TagsABCD Affect Angela Duckworth Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder autism Autism spectrum Big Five personality traits Bipolar disorder Brain cognition creativity default network depression Dopamine emotion emotions evolution Functional magnetic resonance imaging happiness Major depressive disorder mania Martin Seligman memory Mental disorder Mental health Motivation personal personality Philosophy Positive psychology psychology psychosis research summaries schizophrenia stages Trait theory
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs MatterBelieving in false things sometimes makes sense. Free will appears to be such a construct.
- The Link Between Gratitude and TrustA new study sheds light on how gratitude leads to increased trust via positive emotions.
- Promoting FlowSelf-regulatory focus of promotion and prevention lead to different associated emotions like joy-sadness and anxiety-contentment. An effort is made to link the same with the concept of flow as espoused by Mihaly.
- Creativity and Intelligence Leading to Psychosis and AutismCreativity and intelligence, though related, are opposites on a continuum. The same type of dichotomy exists between psychosis and autism and the underlying processes are surmised to be similar.
- Useful Fictions: Why Beliefs Matter
- | The Four P’s of CreativityMany creativity research programs are narrowly focused on one aspect of creativity to the exclusion of others; an integrative focus will help move the field forward.
- | Creativity ComponentsCreativity is comprised of four factors. Just remember this equation: Creativity = Surprise + Originality + Beauty + Utility.
- | The Four P’s of Creativity
About the authorSandeep Gautam is a psychology and cognitive neuroscience enthusiast, whose basic grounding is in computer science.
My Quora Profile
- Sandeep Gautam 120 Followers 282 Following 0 Mentions
- Sandeep Gautam followed Keith Frankish.
- Sandeep Gautam watched the topic group Psychology.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Leonard Kish.
- Sandeep Gautam followed Kaushik Gala.
- added an answer,Managerial track or Technical track - how should students make this career choice?
- My Tweets
Follow me on Twitter